GLA annually awards the Hana Uno Shepard Memorial Scholarship. Applicants must be a graduating high school senior with a high achievement record, from a single-parent family, of Japanese descent, and a resident of Los Angeles or Orange County. The scholarship may be applied to any college, university, community college, fine arts, or vocational school. GLA provides the scholarship recipient with 4 years of JACL student membership.
In February, the application process may be started. The deadline to submit the application is May 15th each year.
The GLA application is available in 3 ways:
- The high school counseling office may have the GLA forms.
- The application is available as a Google form.
- The application is available as a printable document.
Applicants have 3 options for submitting their applications:
- Application may be filled out manually and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application may be completed online through the Google form.
- Request snail mail address from email@example.com.
For application questions and additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
National JACL provides a variety of scholarships. See scholarships.
Click on recipients’ pictures and see their autobiographies.
2021 Scholarship Recipients
No applications received.
2018 Scholarship Recipients